Home Energy Savings Tips
- Attic insulation should be at least R-38 (12-15 inches).
- Seal all gaps, cracks and other leaks that allow outside air into your home.
- Use Energy Star rated appliances and lighting.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Change your furnace or air conditioning filter at least every three months.
- Seal and insulate air ducts that run through attics and or crawl spaces.
- Replacing older windows and doors with better insulated windows and doors combined with the SIR Home Improvements Energy Solution System can save you 50% or more on your heating & cooling costs.
- Close vents in unused rooms.
- Plant shrubs or trees to shade your home and air conditioning unit.
- For your automobile, keep the oil changed frequently and keep tires properly inflated. This will increase fuel mileage up to 15 percent.
SIR Home Improvements
Kalamazoo home improvement company specializing in replacement windows, roofing, siding, patios, and bathroom remodeling
12849 US-131 Schoolcraft MI 49087
4.7 stars - 12 reviews