Home Energy Savings Tips
- Attic insulation should be at least R-38 (12-15 inches).
- Seal all gaps, cracks and other leaks that allow outside air into your home.
- Use Energy Star rated appliances and lighting.
- Use a programmable thermostat.
- Change your furnace or air conditioning filter at least every three months.
- Seal and insulate air ducts that run through attics and or crawl spaces.
- Replacing older windows and doors with better insulated windows and doors combined with the SIR Home Improvements Energy Solution System can save you 50% or more on your heating & cooling costs.
- Close vents in unused rooms.
- Plant shrubs or trees to shade your home and air conditioning unit.
- For your automobile, keep the oil changed frequently and keep tires properly inflated. This will increase fuel mileage up to 15 percent.